Important Last Day of School Details
05/31/23, 2:31 PM
Here are some important updates for the last day of school on Friday!
- Due to ECE and Kindergarten's early lunch schedule, they will eat lunch at school like normal at their normal times in their classrooms.
- 1st - 8th grade will NOT be eating lunch at school due to the early dismissal interfering with the normal lunch times. However, Ms. Amalia will have sack lunches made and all 1st - 8th grade students who typically get a school lunch can take one with them at dismissal. Students are welcome to bring a snack.
- Friday is a HALF-DAY which means school ends at 12:50pm. All students must be picked up by 1:00pm. There is no childcare offered for this day and no staff will be available to support late students as they have meetings and end of year procedures and training to attend to.
- We will be handing out popsicles on the playground at dismissal to celebrate our last school day! Swing by the playground near the gym to grab a popsicle!
Lost and Found:
- All lost and found items not collected by the end of the day on Friday will be donated to our Community Resource Store and/or Goodwill.
Community Resource Store:
- If your family would benefit from resources such as clothing or a food box as we head into summer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and we can pack one for you and send it home with your student at dismissal on Friday!
Outstanding Hot Lunch Balances:
- We have a significant amount of money in our charged account due to negative hot lunch balances ($1000's!!!) that students have accrued this year. Ms. Amalia has sent home multiple paper copies of these notices in the last couple months but many families have not paid these balances.
- All outstanding balances are the schools responsibility which means that we will have less money available next year to go towards programming and student supports that we have budgeted.
- To pay an outstanding balance, Ms. Amalia can take cash and checks directly.
- To pay with a credit card:
- Visit myschoolbucks.com and sign-in or click “Sign Up Free”--Select Colorado as your state and choose Denver Public Schools as the district. Then you will be prompted to enter your name, phone number, and email address. Last, you will create a password and set up security questions.
- If you have questions about how to pay online, check-out this link: https://payonline.dpsk12.org/